Police Forms

Alarm Permit Application

City Ordinance #3716 requires that commercial, residential and multi-family alarm users in the city must obtain permits to remain active.

Download Alarm Permit Application(PDF, 283KB) or

Apply Online

Code Complaint Form

You may report and file a code violation in Grand Prairie by calling 972-237-8296 or by submitting an online form:

Once a citizen complaint is received, the area Code Compliance Officer will make an inspection of the property within 48 hours.

Crime Victims' Compensation (CVC) Application

The Texas Crime Victims' Compensation program provides financial assistance to victims of violent crime for related expenses that cannot be reimbursed by insurance or other sources.

View the Texas Attorney General Victims' Compensation webpage to apply online or to download application form.

Forgery Report Packet

The forgery report should be completed by the business or individual who is in physical possession of a forged check.

View Individual Forgery Report Packet - English(PDF, 195KB)

View Individual Forgery Report Packet - Spanish(PDF, 48KB)

View Merchant Forgery Report Packet(PDF, 111KB)

Identity Theft Packet

The identity theft affidavit should be completed if you have been a victim of identity theft.

View Identity Theft Packet - English(PDF, 2MB)

View Identity Theft Packet - Spanish(PDF, 80KB)

Interference with Child Custody Packet

The packet should be completed if you are the victim of an Interference with Child Custody offense.

View Interference with Child Custody Packet - English(PDF, 119KB)

View Interference with Child Custody Packet - Spanish(PDF, 124KB)

Internet Crime Complaint Form

Submit an Internet crime complaint through the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

No Insurance Affidavit

You have a right to file the No Insurance Complaint Affidavit if you were involved in an accident and the other party did not provide proof of financial responsibility (no insurance) or the party gave you incorrect information (false, expired, etc.).

View No Insurance Complaint Affidavit(PDF, 132KB)

Personnel Commendation Form

Fill out the following Commendation Form (online) to praise a Grand Prairie Police Department employee for a job well done.

Personnel Complaint Form

Complete the Citizen's Complaint Form if you have a complaint against an employee of the Grand Prairie Police Department.

View Complaint Form - English(PDF, 170KB)

View Complaint form - Spanish(PDF, 43KB)

Police Open Records Request Form

Reports include arrests, accident, offense/incident reports, as well as well as case files, videos. Public requests for information are handled daily.

Requests may be made online, by mail, e-mail, fax, or in person.

View Open Records Request - English(PDF, 118KB)

View Open Records Request - Spanish(PDF, 66KB)

Retail Theft Report

Complete the Retail Theft Report when total loss is $100 or less.

View Retail Theft Report(PDF, 34KB)

Senior Safety Key Lockbox Application

Complete the Senior Safety Key Lockbox application(PDF, 115KB) to expedite access into homes during a 911 emergency. Visit the Senior Safety Program web page for more information.

Solicitor, Vendor, Peddler Permit

Complete the following form in order to apply for an Itinerant Vendor/Solicitor Permit.

View Itinerant Vendor/Solicitor Permit Form(PDF, 319KB)

U-Visa Request Form

The U visa is an immigration benefit that can be sought by victims of certain crimes who are currently assisting or have previously assisted law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of a crime, or who are likely to be helpful in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.

View U-Visa Certification Guide

View U-Visa Application(PDF, 616KB)

If you would like assistance, please contact our Victim Services staff at 972-237-8796 for an appointment.

Vacation Watch Request Form

Submit a Vacation Watch Request to have your home checked by uniformed police officers or Citizens On Patrol when time and call load permits. (The city of Grand Prairie cannot guarantee that this will keep your home from being damaged or broken into. Be sure to notify the police if you return earlier than scheduled.)

Or you may download the Vacation Watch Request(PDF, 22KB) and drop off the completed form to the Public Safety Building, 1525 Arkansas Lane.