The Grand Prairie Police Department is responsible for the impounding of vehicles due to traffic accidents, hazards, junk vehicles, arrests, auto accidents and other miscellaneous reasons.
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Friday||7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Property removal/vehicle viewing 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|Saturday & Sunday||8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Property removal/vehicle viewing 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please call the Auto Pound staff at 972-237-4100 for detailed fee information.
Vehicle and Property Auction
Vehicle auctions are held on the first Wednesday of each month. Vehicle auctions begin at 10 a.m. and are held at the auto impound facility, 3010 Hardrock Road, Grand Prairie.
- Inspection will begin at 9 a.m. on sale day.
- Payout will begin at 11 a.m. on sale day.
- All items must be paid out by 1 p.m. on sale day - no exceptions. Bidders will have until Friday at 6:30 p.m. of the same week to remove vehicles.
- A valid driver's license is required to bid.
- You must be 17 yrs and older to be permitted on the lot.
- You must show a valid driver's license or ID at time of registration.
- All vehicles are sold as is.
- All sales are final.
- All bids must be paid for that same day by 5 p.m.
- We accept cash, cashiers checks, Master Card, Visa, Discover, and a personal check accompanied by a bank letter of guarantee.
- Splitting payment methods is not permitted.
- All vehicles must be removed by that Friday at 6 p.m.
- The auction is held by Rene Bates Auctioneers and vehicles are sold to the highest bidder.
You must be the registered owner or be able to prove ownership in one of the following manners:
- Title or Bill of Sale
- Property release from the jail from the registered owner or accompanied by proof of ownership.
- A notarized letter from the registered owner.
- Must have a valid driver's license or picture ID.
- Must have valid insurance to drive car off lot.